Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Approvers to workflow

Bill Davis October 13, 2021

I am trying to set up a change management workflow and I'm following this document. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/5-add-approvals-to-your-workflow-1082527843.html

On step 4 of the above, I'm not seeing the "Add Approval Configure" section on my workflow.  Here is what I see on my workflow below.  Am I missing a step somewhere? 

Screenshot 2021-10-13 150349.png

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2021

Hi Bill - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The approver configuration is only available for Workflows connected to Jira Service Management projects. Also, the Workflow must be active (connected to a project) to be able to configure the approval. 

Bill Davis October 13, 2021

Thank you John! 

I believe this is connected to my project as I go to my Project Settings>Workflows and see the "Change Management Workflow for Jir Service Management" there.  That is what I am clicking and trying to edit.  

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2021

Are you sure this is a JSM project? 

Bill Davis October 14, 2021

Ahh, I see now. It says "Software" under Project Type.  I don't see an option for Basic Service Desk or JSM.  So I must have missed something while installing the JSM components.  

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2021

When you click on Create Project, you should be able to see Jira Service Management as an option if it is installed. But bottom line is the workflow needs to be on a JSM project to have the approval show up.  :-)

If this answers the question for you, can you click on the Accept answer button above to close this one out? Thanks!

Bill Davis October 14, 2021

Perfect.  Thanks John!  

Like John Funk likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events