I need to create custom fields for our customers to be able to give us the information that we need to help them. When I try to add fields, only templated ones are available (although I can update the words), and I can't seem to repeat fields that would be helpful (Description, for example could be used twice with different guide copy to get what we need).
I see that I may need to add screens, but I am not understanding how adding the screen (or schemes for that matter) is affecting my field options. I also see that this is tied to issues, so I may have to do something there, but again, I end up going in article circles and not seeing results.
What I really want, is just a simple way to add a field with a name of my choice, and then be able to choose the detail field (paragraph, drop down, etc), and if there is a video it would help as well as each article I read seems to lead to another article that then links to another and nothing is allowing me to create what I need.
To add a custom field, do the following:
1) Type the "." button, this will pop up a search area where we can look for various administration items. Type in "Custom fields". Select the "Add custom field" button. Here you be able to choose the type, Dropdown, userpicker, text box, etc. Create your custom field.
2) Navigate back to your service desk project. Identify the request type that you want to enable additional custom fields for. Pay attention to the issue type that drives the request type. In my case, I am trying to add a new custom field to the "Report a system problem". I need to add a custom field to the screen for the "Incident" issue type.
3) Identify the screen that drives your request type and add the field to it. Click on "Screens" on the left hand side of the project.
4) Identify the correct screen for the Incident issue type. In my case, all of them use the same screen, so I can add my custom field onto the one screen. Make sure you add the custom field to screen that drives the "create" operation and the view and edit operations.
5) Go back to your request type and add the new custom field you created. You can create multiple custom fields at once and then add them to the screens many at a time.
Hello Jira Align customers! In order to better serve you on your journey with Jira Align, the Community team has worked with the Jira Align team to curate the content in this collection to better s...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events