Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Focused on JSD cloud KB, is there a guide to what confluence cloud macro's will work for customers

iain mcewen April 30, 2019

I'm trying to PoC the JSD to confluence cloud space as KB feature.

As I am authoring in confluence and testing  in JSD customer portal as a customer user I'm finding various functions do not work on the portal for customer level of access.

firstly the 'Page Tree' macro does not render, you have to use 'Children display'

secondly links to anchors on other pages in the same space are not honoured, it just redirects to the portal home

I'm wasting a lot of time 'discovering' these limitations, but can't find any information on what is likely to work and what is not...

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2019

I'm not aware of a guide, but would also find it helpful! Maybe we can crowdsource one here.

One complication I've found is that Confluence is in the process of rolling out a new editor experience, and some features work differently in the JSD help center portal depending on whether your page was created in new Confluence editor or old Confluence editor.

For example: the Table of Contents macro does not work in the JSD portal, this is a known issue. The suggested workaround is to create your own TOC using the Anchor macro, but the Anchor macro is not available in the new Confluence editor. I have been experimenting with the Table of Contents Zone macro, and it seems to be working.

I've also had problems with the display of multi-column Confluence pages in the JSD portal. You might want to test that out. Once again, the behavior is different for multi-column pages created in the new Confluence editor versus the old Confluence editor.

Looking forward to what other people have found!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events