• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Use an image in different page Edited

Hi all,

I am new to Confluence & hope someone can help.

I can reuse an Image in a page if the Image is already in the same page. However, i cannot include an image from a different page. from documentation seems like it should work.

any idea what could be the issue here? may be some general settings in our confluence that is prohibiting this.

Confluence version: 6.13.3

regards,

rnv

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @rnvrnv ,

Welcome to Community.

Can you please follow steps for your requirement.

Insert a file attached to another page

You can display a file that's attached to a different page of the same Confluence site, if you know the name of the file. 

To display an image attached to a different page:

1. Go to Insert > Files and choose the Search on other pages.
  2. Enter the name of the file.
  3. Choose whether to search the current space or All Spaces and choose Search.
  4. Select the file from the search results and choose Insert.

Refer below document for more details on Display images and files.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/display-files-and-images-245827130.html

Thanks,

Avinash

@Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_ 

Thank you. actually i used this earlier to search. i was searching with the file name including file type (e.g. aa.jpg). it does not find. if i simply search as 'aa' then it finds.

Is this also possible on Cloud? I cannot see any "Insert" button or tab. When I choose "Insert File or Image" I can only select files I've uploaded myself, there's no search option for other internal pages. 
In order to keep our pages consistent internally I would really like to be able to reuse pictures from other pages! Is this still possible? Please also see this question where people are also looking for this functionality: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/how-to-use-the-same-images-on-different-pages/

The solution provided on this page: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/display-files-and-images/?_ga=2.120287304.1557999474.1597062499-1286766833.1591871892 does not do what I think it should do. It only provides a link to the image, it does not display the image. 

Like Ellen Daleng likes this

I think the new Confluence Cloud editor is hopelessly flawed when it comes to image functionality - almost NO functionality remains from what was possible in the old editor.  We REALLY need:

• Linking from an image/icon to another page/url
  • Resizing images by pixels/percent
  • Being able to display an image attached to a different page.  Without this you have to upload icons on every single page where they are used, and any maintenance of images becomes a nightmare.  I need to be able to create an icon library!

The roadmap for the new editor says these things are gathering interest or on the short term roadmap.  But they have stayed that way for a long time now... https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/confluence-cloud-editor-roadmap/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in New to Confluence

Fast-track your Confluence onboarding with the Confluence product guides!

Hey there! New in town? Check out the new Confluence product guides! They are chock-full of helpful tips, tricks, and best practices to get you and your team started.  Here’s a quick overview...

1,023 views 3 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you