Editing a Word File

dfalardeau December 9, 2019

I am completely new to Confluence so not sure if what I've encountered is a bug or just because I'm new to this.

I noticed that the PDF View and the Office Word/Excel/Powerpoint macros don't appear to be working per tickets CONFCLOUD-66870 and CONFCLOUD-65753.  This means I can not view a Word file, which I've tried and confirmed I cannot view.  My understanding is that the "Edit with" button is only available when viewing a file, which will then download the "Atlassian Companion App" the first time you click this.  However since I can't view the Word file, I also am not getting the "Edit with" button.  

I should clarify that I'm using the 'File list' page and not the Attachment feature for a blank page.

Is there another way to view/edit an Office file?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2019

Hello and welcome to the Community!

Looks like you’ve done some great research on your ask of editing office files within their native app already, well done! The bugs you reported are also great, here are the actual links for others to see:

As you reported as well, the Companion app is our answer to editing files within their native applications. Outside of this solution, you may look at the marketplace to see if there is a candidate app to help with editing your files. You may find the marketplace at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/

You are correct in that you must “View” the file first before being able to edit the file. Further information on this may be found at Edit files. If this is not what you’re able to experience, could you please include a screenshot so we may see where the problem on viewing before editing is?

We look forward to hearing back.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events