Sometimes links go to pages that say click the link (essentially again), and sometimes directly.

marshallmidden May 18, 2018

If I link to a page ... sometimes it takes me to a page that says click the link/page to see it.

Sometimes it goes directly.

What is the difference? Is it because it is in a different space? Someone else wrote it?

We are trying to use it as a wiki replacement (part of jira/bitbucket/confluence).

Is there someway to edit via "vi" (or diff or ...) and figure out the difference(s)?  I've got root access, but am not an administrator -- first clause in previous sentence probably explains why! :)

2 comments

Comment

Victor Mutambuki [Mumo Systems]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2018

Marshallmidden,

Some pages are created with restrictions by space admin or page owners so that not everyone can see them.  To be able to see the page(s), the page owner would need to give you permission to view the page.

The links that you click on and take you directly to a page are likely not restricted. As for the restricted ones, they that message that you've to click to see but then have a message that you don't have permission to see them. This where you seek permission from page owner to view pages.

See link below for further direction.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-restrictions-139414.html

Victor

marshallmidden May 18, 2018

Not a permission issue.

I thought it was "child page" verses page elsewhere in the Space.

I reordered pages to move them as child page of the current child ... and it worked great.

But, the original place it was located ... still worked.

Turns out -- it was a Blog post with almost identical wording as the page. Select the wrong item for the link in the Search area and ... Would be nice to have the symbol of page/pdf/blog before items in the search box auto-complete and dropdown. :)

Victor Mutambuki [Mumo Systems]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2018

Glad you were able to resolve it.

Tobias Anstett _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2018

Hi,

If you want to see what's going on under the hood of a page you should have a look at the storage format.

On a page open the tools menu (the ... menu) and click 'View Storage Format'. This way you can see how the link is embedded.

Best, Tobias

upinder.kaur.paul January 23, 2020

page menu

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events