cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict space browsing to other user than the owner

Sakina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2022

so I have multiple spaces, problem is by default they are visible to all users who have access to confluence. whenever a new space is created, I want to restrict viewing it to other people except for the creator. Later we can provide permission to the user if needed like we do in Jira software projects.

2 comments

Comment

Sakina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2022

Hi Kristian,

Is it possible to make only visible to me as default? 

Kristian Klima September 5, 2022

I don't know but as this a screen that users must go thru when creating a space, it's only a question of choosing a setting.

If a user is privileged enough via permissions to create a space, they should be trusted to follow the guidelines and choose that particular setting.

Perhaps that could be addressed by Automation but that's out of my range :)

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

Assuming you are on a paid plan, you can set default permissions for spaces. See:

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/customize-default-space-content/

BTW next time you should post this as 'question' 🙂

Like Sakina likes this
Sakina
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2022

Hi James,

Article you shared doesn't meet my requirement since i m looking for Default browsing permissions for spaces not customize space contain. :)

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

Sorry - you're correct I thought that page also had the instructions about default space permissions, but it looks like that information has disappeared from the support pages or they've made it hard to find.

If you are a Confluence admin, navigate to /wiki/admin/permissions/viewdefaultspacepermissions.action in your site.

There you can edit the default permissions and remove "conflunece-users". You can't remove the "administrators" group.

Screenshot 2022-09-06 191821.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events