Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for creating a documentation Portal

Radha Devaraj May 21, 2020

I am new to confluence and have just completed two free skillbuilder courses on content management. With this limited knowledge, I am not sure if I can create a documentation portal with ease.

I request experts to share useful sample portals or resources such as videos on doing the same. For me the portal archtitecture has to be something like this:

Home page with tiles of various docu deliverables. On click of each of these, we should eb able to go to those deliverables related page. To do this do I have to create a space named documentation portal and then create many more spaces for each of the deliverables such as User Guide, Admin Guide etc.

As I am new, this basic guidance might help me get started with confidence. To be able to create and run our portal in office, do I need to complete Confluence admin training or how do we get this help? Do we have some support from Confluence team initially?

Your guidance will be most valuable to me.

Kind Regards,

Radha

1 comment

Comment

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 22, 2020

Hey @Radha Devaraj

Nice to have you here!

You can certainly create documentation portals in Confluence, here's my team's help center, which we made with Confluence using our Scroll apps.

The general structure is that documentation for each product is in a separate space. We then grouped all those spaces into a help center with Scroll Viewport. We also created Rock the Docs, which is a full guide for creating documentation in Confluence which I think will be useful to you. Specifically, here's a the page about creating a help center.

Like # people like this
Radha Devaraj May 22, 2020

Thanks a lot @Matt Reiner _K15t_

Like Matt Reiner _K15t_ likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events