Hello! I'm new!

Patrick Krispin December 21, 2021

I'm a new user of Confluence and we are using the capabilities Confluence and Jira provide to push out new cloud CRM project forward. I'm most interested developing a series of confluence pages to host all our project documentation as we develop it further. I have found a lot of the capabilities extremely helpful, like linking product requirement templates with issues from Jira.

Looking forward to continuing to learn and help our organization with the new platform.

2 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Welcome aboard the Atlassian Express @Patrick Krispin! We're here to help you with any questions you may have, feel free to post the community and the army of engineers and volunteers will do their utmost to assist you with informational (and often entertaining) answers and best practices! Best of luck to you!

Like Patrick Krispin likes this

Thank you Andy!

Mark Mulik December 21, 2021

Hi, @Patrick Krispin . Welcome! I've been using Confluence for about a year and a half. You probably already figured out how to use a macro to add a link to a Jira issue on a Confluence page, but do you know the shortcut to access the macros? Within a Confluence page, type a { character, then type "jira" and hit Enter. From there, type in the key for the issue you want to link. I really like linking Jira issues to Confluence pages, because the links update dynamically, showing you the issue key (as a link), the issue summary, and the issue status. For issues marked completed/done, the issue key displays as struck through. 

The one thing I wish Confluence did by default when displaying a page with Jira links is that when you click on a link, it should ideally open a new tab to display the Jira issue instead of navigating to the issue in the current tab. To work around that, I right-click on the link and choose "Open link in new tab". 

I hope this helps. 

Hey Mark! Thanks for the tip? I have seen the shortcut access to the macros as '/' and not '{' as mentioned in your above comment. Am I missing something here? The forward slash allows tons of functionality which is super helpful. Might've been a typo.

I do agree with the navigation preference you have. Thanks!

Curious. I'm using Confluence Server. (We're self-hosted). We're also on an older version, so perhaps Atlassian changed this?

Like Patrick Krispin likes this

When I type a forward slash in Confluence, it types a forward slash, and that's it. The open French brace character triggers the macros menu for me:

FrenchBrace.png

The '/' is technically a quick insert, but it's basically doing the same thing. 

Thanks!

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/confluence/keyboard-shortcuts-guide

Like Jason Kagel likes this

Weird that it doesn't work for me. Maybe when we upgrade Confluence, it will work. Does the French brace activate the macro menu, for you?

No the French brace does not activate anything for me. 

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

That link could use a refresh.

Date is now /// (three backslashes)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events