Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a shell script run on form submit on Confluence

Kruttika Swaminathan April 9, 2020

I was wondering if there is a way to have a form on Confluence, which on submit would run a shell script in the background and also send an email to us.

1 comment

Comment

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2020

Best option is to create your own plugin for this specific need (shell script exec).

But if you can wrap your shell script into a callable web service or something like that then you can use our plugin for building forms - ConfiForms

You can set it up to send emails, call webservices, create Jira issues and a lot more. We dont have support for running shell scripts (on the Confluence server) as it might easily lead to security breaches.

Kruttika Swaminathan April 12, 2020

Thank you for your prompt response and that suggestion! We are strongly considering using ConfiForms. I wasn't able to find an array of options available after form submit - could you point me to the right documentation?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2020

Not sure I totally understand your question, but probably it is related to the actions you can perform on form submission...

Here is the list

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Configuring+ConfiForms+IFTTT+actions

For example, this tutorial shows you how to send an email  with ConfiForms app from Confluence - https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Creating+embedded+form+with+ConfiForms+to+send+emails+directly+from+Confluence

Like Kruttika Swaminathan likes this
Kruttika Swaminathan April 13, 2020

Thank you! I have another question though - not sure if i should create a separate issue for this - but I did get ConfiForms and created a form, but once i publish the page, I don't really see the form as such. Could you help me out? I need to be able to share this form with anonymous users (for them to be able to fill them out, and not see the data filled out). This is what i see:

Capture.PNG

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2020

Click on "Create Request" button to see the form... is this what you are asking? Open request ticket with us to get help/support 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events