Confluence for Documentation

Shweta Ramdas May 9, 2022

How this platform can help writers to improve documentation efficiency?

3 comments

Comment

Mayuresh Athalekar May 9, 2022

Confluence is meant for knowledge management platform, in multiple dimensions

1. Creating knowledge articles

2. Schedules

3. Project tracking & planning

4. Multiple standard & custom templates that you can standardize based on your company requirements too.

I would be more interested in "Improve documentation efficiency" part where you may want to explore use of standard templates, reuse of standard templates, integration with various application to start with.

Like # people like this
Shweta Ramdas May 9, 2022

Thank you for valuable inputs.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2022

@Shweta Ramdas Welcome to Confluence! This is a life changing moment for you. Take a deep breath and survey your surroundings - you'll want to remember this in the years to come!

Atlassian University has some great free (and paid) resources. I highly recommend you take the Confluence Fundamentals course, which is free, recently revamped, and an excellent primer for how to use Confluence. 

Atlassian University 

I also recommend you create a personal Space in your Confluence instance and just start playing there with creating, editing, formatting and using macros for pages and content - hands on experience is the best experience to learn from!

A few more resources:

Confluence Overview

How to Create a Culture of Knowledge Sharing

And of course, keep coming back here with questions and we'll be here to support you on your journey!

Like Mia Clemmons likes this
Stavros_Rougas_EasyApps October 27, 2023

For public documentation we (docs.easyapps.app) use the Scroll Viewport app @K15t GmbH  which I highly recommend. Confluence without such an app isn't great for public users, but great internally.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events