adding a mail handler through scriptrunner

Lance Wong September 22, 2017

im trying to define a new mail handler class through scriptrunner. 

i have a test script under a script root that extends AbstractMessageHandler and implements MessageHandler 

now im trying to  add a message handler module to the plugin descriptor (reference https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/guides/email/tutorial-custom-message-mail-handler-for-jira). I did this via a script fragment

<message-handler i18n-name-key="demohandler.name" key="demoHandler" 
class="com.company.GroovyMessageHandler"
add-edit-url="/secure/admin/EditHandlerDetailsUsingParams!default.jspa" weight="0"/>

But then i get an error when JIRA starts up, about this fragment. Excerpt of the log:

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
Caused by: Assertion failed:assert descriptorClass
|
null
at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.fragments.FragmentsManager.register(FragmentsManager.groovy)
at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.fragments.IFragmentsManager$register.call(Unknown Source)

and i dont know what to do with this error

2 answers

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2019

FYI, as of 5.5.7 there is now a ScriptRunner mail handler.

0 votes
Stephen Cheesley _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2017

Hi Lance,

Unfortunately, adding modules to the deployment descriptor is unsupported in ScriptRunner. It may be possible to do what you need but it might be easier to create custom mail handlers using something like JEMH.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events