Scaffolding Forms & Templates or ConfiForms?

Thomas Bröker July 13, 2018

I am thinking about different solutions to aggregate content in a more structured way. A recent problem is to offer an application form but there are also other problems where calculations of input are needed. 

Looking for possible extensions I have stumbled upon 'Scaffolding' and 'ConfiForms'. Both seem to offer similar functionalities concerning the implementation of an application form. I have looked through the documentations and use cases they offer but I still don't have an idea what the advantages and disadvantages of both solutions are. It seems nobody has yet compared both extensions.

Does anybody have experiences with both extensions and can help me to make a decision? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2018

Hi Thomas (You're a football player :-D . Aren't?)

I use both of them and choose confiform at rest. The most advantage of confirom that I see is it's good support for replying your email requests. They release 3 version each month and fix their bugs and improve functionality continuously. The bad part of it is poor documentation. I work with more than 100 plugins of Atlassian products and I think the most poor documentation is belong to this plugin. It's very unstructured and sometimes you have to try and fail in order to be familiar with it's powerful functionality. 
I advanced functionality like Ifttt macro I prefer confiform, But with basic functionality and good documentation I prefer scaffolding. Live Template of scafolding is very fantastic, I'm sure you love it. Anyway It depend on your requirement. I think advanced requirements is handled better in confiform.

Thomas Bröker July 18, 2018

Thanks a lot for sharing your  experiences, Ansar. I have started evaluating ConfiForms and I can already agree your statements concerning the documentation. At the moment I am stumbling with calculating results. But I am not sure yet, if it is the solution I am looking for.

But why do you suppose I am a football player? I am playing a team sport – but it is not football.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2018

Very valid points on documentation, @Ansar Rezaei

We are in the process of re-arranging and cleaning up the docs and tutorials.

There is just too many ways and possibilities on how you can use ConfiForms and, we agree, that the current documentation might feel fragmented.

Knowing this, we try to provide the best possible support via https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/VERTUNA/Support+Request+Form, while we improve on the plugin functionality and documentation

Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2019

@Thomas Bröker Check this out :-)

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ You are the most responsible and supportive atlassian partner that I know during 10-year exprience of Atlassian Ecosystem. If you like, We could help you for re-arranging confiform documentation.

Like Chris Iacovelli likes this
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2019

Thank you @Ansar Rezaei 

We have already started with documentation re-arrangement a little bit and with small steps.  Documentation got updated to be in sync with most recent releases.

We have created a website, https://confiforms.com/ dedicated to ConfiForms and plan to collect all the possible scenarios and solutions developed with ConfiForms. It is just the beginning...

Any additional help is always welcome!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events