JIRA Desktop Notifications for New Requests

Elyse De Laittre August 3, 2017

Is it possible to modify settings for this add-on or another add-on to alert all logged-in users of new requests by desktop notifications? Right now it appears only possible to receive a notification if you are assigned to the issue - however, I want all jira service desk users to be alerted when a new issue comes in.

Has anyone found a solution for this or tried to do something similar?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2017

Hi @Elyse De Laittre,

I am the product owner of this app and would like to thank you for giving it a try. For any question or support I would like to invite to raise us a ticket through our support portal in order to get direct contact with our support team which they will support you in no time.

Regarding your question:

First of all I would like to ask you to update your add-on to the latest version (released in October). Currently the add-on has 2 different behaviors based on your Jira's configuration. If you have set up an outgoing mail handler then the In-app notifications will follow your notification scheme and from there you can add all your service desk agents to receive a notification on the Issue Created event. The second behavior is that when you don't have an outgoing email configured then in this case, the add-on will send notifications to the reporter, assignee and watchers. So you can add a post function in your workflow to add your agents as watchers and thus they can receive notifications.

I hope my answer makes sense to you and please don't hesitate to reach directly to us in order to benefit from our premium support.

Best,

Georges

Elyse De Laittre October 20, 2017

Thank you!

0 votes
Nino Kezherashvili November 8, 2023

Hello,

If you want to enable browser notification for Jira, our add-on might be the best solution for you, it works with several browsers, portal customers can receive notifications, and has a simple configuration.

for more details, you can view the article.

Also, if you have some questions regarding the application, please get in touch with us using our service desk.

BR,

Nino

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events