JIRA Desktop Notifications for New Requests

Is it possible to modify settings for this add-on or another add-on to alert all logged-in users of new requests by desktop notifications? Right now it appears only possible to receive a notification if you are assigned to the issue - however, I want all jira service desk users to be alerted when a new issue comes in.

Has anyone found a solution for this or tried to do something similar?

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Hi @Elyse De Laittre,

I am the product owner of this app and would like to thank you for giving it a try. For any question or support I would like to invite to raise us a ticket through our support portal in order to get direct contact with our support team which they will support you in no time.

Regarding your question:

First of all I would like to ask you to update your add-on to the latest version (released in October). Currently the add-on has 2 different behaviors based on your Jira's configuration. If you have set up an outgoing mail handler then the In-app notifications will follow your notification scheme and from there you can add all your service desk agents to receive a notification on the Issue Created event. The second behavior is that when you don't have an outgoing email configured then in this case, the add-on will send notifications to the reporter, assignee and watchers. So you can add a post function in your workflow to add your agents as watchers and thus they can receive notifications.

I hope my answer makes sense to you and please don't hesitate to reach directly to us in order to benefit from our premium support.

Best,

Georges

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Marketplace Apps

You + one app + a desert island...

Hi all! My name is Miles and I work on the Marketplace team. We’re looking for better ways to recommend and suggest apps that are truly crowd favorites, so of course we wanted to poll the Community. ...

1,861 views 4 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you