How to write a query to find JIRA issues with status of done but no time logged?

Robert Roper June 19, 2017

I used to use an query to create a filter to see any tickets where our staff member completed the work but forgot to log time.  I read that there were some updates with Tempo so I check my filter/query and it seems to longer function correctly.  I can write a query to find JIRA issues that are Stories or Tasks where our developers will enter the estimated time before a project starts and then possibly forget to log the time throughout the sprint. However the issue is with support tickets since we aren't estimating any time - we use Type = Bug and then ask that the developer enters their time.  Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2017

This JQL may work for you:

issuetype = bug and resolution != unresolved and timespent is empty
Robert Roper June 20, 2017

It looks like that might've done the trick. Thanks so much!!

Robert Roper June 27, 2017

Well I guess there are still changes being made to "enhance" Tempo.  Suddenly that query doesn't work anymore.  I'm finding JIRA tickets pulling in that have Time entered in the Logged field.

We are essentially using the query Josh mentioned, only difference is the beginning we have the statement for the project (ex. project = WEL and .....)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events