How can I use the Automation plugin to automatically set the Due Date of a new issue being created

Zach Stahl December 8, 2017

I have created a new Rule that creates a new Request upon completion of the previous task (i.e. if status changed to "Done" create new task).

However I need to also automatically assign the due date (we have created a custom field 'Due By' which features date and time) for the following month due on the 21st.

I thought this would work:

{{#now}}func=withDayOfMonth(21).plusMonths(1){{/}} 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2017

Hi Zach,

I've just tried {{#now}}func=withDayOfMonth(21).plusMonths(1){{/}} and it works just fine.

Perhpaps you are not entering it in the correct field? You need to use advanced entry of the 'Edit Issue' action:

{
"fields": {
"name of your field": "{{#now}}func=withDayOfMonth(21).plusMonths(1){{/}}"
}
}
Zach Stahl December 11, 2017

Thank you, I don't want to mess anything up, currently there is:

"fields": {
"resolution": {
"name": "Fixed"
}
}
}

Where should I add this new code?

Nevermind, I just replaced all of the code with your code and updated my field name.

Well, there are now no more syntax errors but the new date didn't populate the field. Do you think it's because I failed to include a time?

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2017

Can you show me the code you have in advanced options of the rule action? And no, time has nothing to do with it. Even if your field is a date-time type field and you don't specify the time, it will simply set the current time.

Awesome! Your solution worked however I had mistakenly not included the field I was automating to the Request Type, -bonehead move. Since adding this field to the corresponding Request Type, all works like a charm.

Thank you Ivan!

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2017

Glad I could help.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events