Emailing multiple recipients using Confiform

Rebecca Bever April 2, 2018

Hi!

I have a question regarding sending one email to multiple recipients.

I saw this post mentioned below and it explains almost exactly what I'm doing except my list of recipients is dynamic and changing. I would like a user to have the ability to change the list of recipients at any point.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-questions/Confiform-Email-notification-to-specific-users-based-on-form/qaq-p/702667#M42258

I can successfully send to one recipient (using a checkbox group or multi-select) but I can't seem to send to more than one even after specifying the Separator as a comma (','). The only way I actually got it to work was using a dropdown but specifically having an option as "email1, email2" which is clearly not what we want.

Is there a specific way of doing this or do I have to manually create a separate IFTTT macro every time a new recipient is added to the list like mentioned above?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2018

Just to give a complete answer and hopefully help other users.

Assuming you have a multi-user field in ConfiForms and want to send an email to these users. And let's assume the field name is "myusers"

In this case, as IFTTT in ConfiForms expects you to have a comma-separated list of values (emails) then you need to have your multi-select user field "transformed".

You can see what properties has as user object: Accessing field values and properties in ConfiForms. So, we are interested in "email".

So now the "transformation" part

We shall use couple of functions, chained to get the desired result and the expression would be

[entry.myusers.transform(email).asList]

What this thing does is, it uses "transform" function to get only array of emails and with "asList" function it makes them a comma-separated list

I hope it makes sense and helps others

Okwute419 September 22, 2022

I have a form where users select which team they want the submission to go to. Can I route the email to different team GDLs? Currently I have the form going to all GDLs and the concerned team will respond to submission but this is not how I want it.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2022

You can have a recipients field in ConfiForms IFTTT macro to be dynamically resolvable from a field value... just like the earlier answers here explain

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events