[EazyBI] - How can I to remove results duplicate in a report?

Alfonso Fornell February 6, 2018

Hello and good day,

I need help. Thanks in advanced and sorry if my English is not accurate.

I am working with EAZYBI and I want to group the components of 2 project in 3 "calculated members" to show the total sum of each "calculated member" in 3 columns or bars.

It is possible because I have used "[Project].[Project_A].[Component_A] + [Project].[Project_A].[Component_B] + etc...".

The problem is when a issue have 2 components and these are in the same "group"

For exemple:

Group A: Components A + Component B issues

Group B: Components C + Component D issues

Group C: Rest

Issue A: It has: Component A

Issue B: It has: Component B and D

Issue C: It has: Component A and B

Issue D: It has: Component C and Z

The final report will show 3 columns or bars with duplicates values in the group A bar because an issue has 2 components that are common in the same group (Group A). The result should be 3 issues but it give me 4 issues as result because it has added an issue 2 times because has two common components within the same group.

I need the way to remove or say to the "calculated member" that avoid the duplicate issues.

How can I do it?

I have seen in the EAZYBI documentation the "Distinct" command but I was not able to find any sample that can be of help to me.

Thanks for your time.

1 answer

0 votes
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2018

Hi Alfonso,

I also sent you a reply from support e-mail; here it is as well.

Firstly, instead of summing the components in Project dimension, I suggest using the Aggregate(..) function. In following way, you can combine the Components in groups

Aggregate({
  [Project].[Project_A].[Component_A],
  [Project].[Project_A].[Component_B]
})

Further, together with your Project dimension calculated members, you should use the Issues created count Measure (https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/Data+model#Datamodel-Distinctissuescount). This will give the distinct count of issues either they have one or several of the grouped components.

Kind regards,
Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events