Draw.io for Confluence Cloud sends notifications each time a file is saved

Chris Bosso January 22, 2018

We're using Draw.io 1.3.13-AC on our Confluence Cloud instance. Whenever we save our Draw.io object an email is fired off to all watchers indicating that a file has been uploaded. This is effectively spamming our watchers as a typical workflow has someone clicking the save button regularly.

Is this intended behavior? Is there any way to disable this?

BTW - My issue seems similar to an older conversation about Draw.io and Confluence *server* found here.

1 answer

1 vote
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2018

We don't currently know of a way to disable this, there is a card to track the issue https://trello.com/c/6MY2qs24/24-disable-notifications-on-attachment-change.

We did have a go at this at some point, but deemed it technically not possible. We will check again.

Chris Bosso January 22, 2018

Thanks for the response David. Standing by.

David Kovar January 5, 2019

This is hugely annoying to the point that we're considering using something other than draw.io.

Every time I move an object, modify an object, create an object, update the text ... it sends a notification via our Slack channel:

@dkovar updated attachment ~Untitled Diagram.xml.tmp on <foo>

@dkovar updated attachment Untitled Diagram.xml on <foo>
@dkovar updated attachment Untitled Diagram.xml.png on <foo>
@dkovar removed attachment ~Untitled Diagram.xml.tmp on <foo>

The volume of these messages pushes useful content out of the channel.

I cannot easily edit the files in draw.io directly because then I need to go through the save-import-add cycle to get them into Confluence. If I need to do that, the value of draw.io diminishes greatly.

Please, please, solve this.

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2019

I just checked and the issue was solved some time ago, the trello card should have been updated.

There is a minor edit flag that can be set and we're doing that correctly. The problem here is whatever is sending the notification to your slack channel isn't checking the minor edit flag.

David Kovar January 7, 2019

Thank you very much. I'll go pursue that vendor. Very glad it is solved on your end, I love your capabilities and integration.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events