Automation Lite for JIRA: moving tickets too soon

Scott McDonald October 9, 2017

Hello:

I have created a rule to change the status of a ticket from a status 'Access Disabled' to a status 'Data Purge' after 185 days from the effective date but it appears the tickets are moving too soon.  

The JQL I'm using is "Effective Date" <= 185d and status = "Access Disabled" and the fixed run rate is set to run every day, once per day.  

As an example, I have a ticket with an effective date of 2017-9-29 but the automation moved the ticket on 2017-10-6. 

Please assist.

Regards,

Scott

2 answers

0 votes
Nick Menere
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2017

Actually, on second read it looks as though your JQL is wrong.

If you want issues created more than 185 days ago you need it to be a negative number. i.e.

"Effective Date" <= -185d and status = "Access Disabled"

0 votes
Nick Menere
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2017

Hi Scott,

This definitely doesn't sound right, though all we are doing is a basic search using the JQL provided.

Next to the JQL input field, there should be a "Validate" link. Can you click on that and then click on the number of issues returned.

Is this returning the correct results?

If not, there may be an issue with Jira - you may need to raise a support request with them.

If it is, there maybe an issue with Automation and you should rise . support request with us - https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

Cheers,

Nick

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events