Asset Tracker vs. Assets and Inventory Plugin vs. JIRA for asset management Edited

Hey everybody,

What is the difference in functionality, if any, between:

1. Asset Tracker (3rd party verified plugin, free, by Spartez)

and..

2. Inventory Plugin for JIRA (3rd party "verified" plugin, not free, by Snapbytes)

3. JIRA for asset management, (free)

?

I'm an economics student and I have to find a possibility to manage our IT assets.

Thank you very much!

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

You'd have to compare the various options to see what they provide.

I'd add Riada's Insight into the mix too.

Riada's Insight is for asset management in the whole company, including finance, human ressource or facility management, right?

But first of all, we only want to manage our IT assets. So Insight would be to complex and expensive for this usage.

It doesn't have to be doing everything.  I've worked with three clients who are only using it for IT assets, and two others who are doing IT assets + other (one is building management, the other a form of CRM)

Hi Nic,

First of all I would recommend you to install and evaluate all the alternatives. Then you will see the best fit for you. This is exactly what we did. From our impressions: 

1. "Asset Tracker": promising add-on. UI is a little bir old fashioned and complex. It was our second choice. Import and CMDB feature is great (but we do not have CMDB at all). Second add-on's import was easier. You can link issues to assets. Then you can continue to manage you asset's buisness flow with Jira workflow.

2. "Assets and Inventory Plugin for JIRA". Best add-on for our needs so we went this with plugin.  It simply does what it promises. We use it now for two months and we are very happy so far. We started from the built-in forms and modified them according to our needs. Then we could import our assets from excel and it saved us a lot of time. Now we manage our asset tracking flow with this plugin and JIRA. You link issue to asset with Custom Field, very Jira way.

3. JIRA for asset management, (free) You need to do a lot of configuratioın. At the end it becomes more costly.

4. "Insight - Asset Management for JIRA": Good plugin with lots of nice features. It has export/import, cmd support, graphical reports, advanced workflows, etc.. But it is "over priced". We didn't want to pay for the features we do not need.

Best Regards,

Martijn

Um, I think you've misunderstood.  I was trying to answer a question.

I'm more than aware of this process, to the point where I cheat - I know some of the authors of the software!

Sorry Nic, you are right, my mistake. I should have started with "Hi Andreas". I was giving the answer to him.

Best regards

Martijn

Andreas,

For manual management, all the tools mentioned above are good. But if you are also looking to auto-discover your IT assets, I would recommend also looking at our product: http://www.device42.com/integrations/jira/ 

Regards,

Raj

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

527 views 3 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you