What is the difference in functionality, if any, between:
1. Asset Tracker (3rd party verified plugin, free, by Spartez)
2. Inventory Plugin for JIRA (3rd party "verified" plugin, not free, by Snapbytes)
3. JIRA for asset management, (free)
I'm an economics student and I have to find a possibility to manage our IT assets.
Thank you very much!
First of all I would recommend you to install and evaluate all the alternatives. Then you will see the best fit for you. This is exactly what we did. From our impressions:
1. "Asset Tracker": promising add-on. UI is a little bir old fashioned and complex. It was our second choice. Import and CMDB feature is great (but we do not have CMDB at all). Second add-on's import was easier. You can link issues to assets. Then you can continue to manage you asset's buisness flow with Jira workflow.
2. "Assets and Inventory Plugin for JIRA". Best add-on for our needs so we went this with plugin. It simply does what it promises. We use it now for two months and we are very happy so far. We started from the built-in forms and modified them according to our needs. Then we could import our assets from excel and it saved us a lot of time. Now we manage our asset tracking flow with this plugin and JIRA. You link issue to asset with Custom Field, very Jira way.
3. JIRA for asset management, (free) You need to do a lot of configuratioın. At the end it becomes more costly.
4. "Insight - Asset Management for JIRA": Good plugin with lots of nice features. It has export/import, cmd support, graphical reports, advanced workflows, etc.. But it is "over priced". We didn't want to pay for the features we do not need.
Atlas Camp is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain from the 6th -7th of September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG