limit of if/else conditions on Automation for Jira

Daniel Alonso September 21, 2020

Is there a limit on the IF/ELSE blocks or components on a Rule on Automation for Jira?

2 answers

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2020

@Daniel Alonso ,

If you are referring to the answer 16 (that is where the link takes me) that is not about the IF/Else blocks.

That has to do with the Executions of a rule. The answer means that depending on your Plan you have a limited amount of rule executions (not nested if/else blocks).

If you define a rule as a project rule they are unlimited, if you define them as a multi project/global rule they have limits on the executions of that rule.

The nested if/else should not have a limit. It would be a best practice to not go overboard with them as the more if's/else's you put in a rule the longer it will take to check and thus execute.

However! there is a limit on the overall components that can be used:

image.png 

We're talking about milliseconds to seconds here, but customer perception is everything.

Daniel Alonso September 22, 2020

@Dirk RonsmansI was referring about the IF/ELSE blocks you can have, I remember that once I had an error message on the limit and I wanted to know the exact number. Thanks for your response :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events