Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zephyr Test Case Importer Will not Import Test Cases and no Error is Displayed

Natalia Toulouevskaia June 26, 2019

Hi,

I am trying to import test cases from Excel file into Jira using Zephyr Test Case Importer (zfj-importer-utility-0.40)

I am on Server based Jira

When I fill out all mandatory information and Click Start Import, nothing happens.

No test cases are imported and no error is displayed

5 comments

Comment

Rui Dias October 3, 2019

Hello, i have the same problem. Everything was working fine and then one day nothing happens?! Since any one says nothing you have found the solution for yourself Natalia? Thanks

Natalia Toulouevskaia October 3, 2019

I did not find a solution :(

Jayesh Wankhade October 13, 2019

I made it by working around it. Start of the zephyr  from command prompt by using the following command.

java -jar <importer-utility-filename.jar>

You can also find the answer in the link below. Read @Cait M reply.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Cannot-import-test-cases-to-Zephyr-for-Jira-using-zfj-importer/qaq-p/938227#U1200729 

Sharath January 13, 2020

Hi,

I have had similar issue, but when I opened the utility through command Prompt "java -jar zfj-importer-utility-0.40.jar" it worked.

But my question is, why doesn't it work when I open the utility normally?

Aldo Rosales February 1, 2021

I have the same issue on macos big sur, I solve it:

The problem is java version 11, it needs a lower java version

Remove the java directories into: 

/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/ (maybe you've here java11)...

WARNING! if you delete this directories, apps as sql server (new versions) will be stop working.

and then setup java 8 from java.com

the importer will be working again.

Then you should upgrade again you java version to follow working with your other apps.

Colin Main March 10, 2022

I have found that using OpenJDK gives an error which seems to be related to the way in which java reports its version number. The console gives this message:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NumberFormatException: Not a version: 10
at scala.util.PropertiesTrait$class.parts$1(Properties.scala:176)
at scala.util.PropertiesTrait$class.isJavaAtLeast(Properties.scala:180)
at scala.util.Properties$.isJavaAtLeast(Properties.scala:16)
at scala.actors.scheduler.ThreadPoolConfig$.useForkJoin(ThreadPoolConfig.scala:45)

Where the number after "Not a version:" represents the version of java in use (I also tried  with version 17 and got the same error but with "17" instead of "10".

Using Oracle JDK (and read the license before you install it) gets past this error for me.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events