Zendesk to JIRA. With next generation how can our custom field populate on all projects

Deleted user February 24, 2021

Hi,

We have a custom field for Engineering Priority that is on Zendesk tickets. We could move this into Jira as a custom field but from what I understand now, with the next generation, this Jira level field cant be brought into the projects.

How, with the next generation Jira, can I have a custom field on Zendesk tickets and have the field populate in Jira and show up on whatever project it is assigned to?

I want Engineering to be able to sort on this field, etc.

Thanks all

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2021

Hello Tone,

Thank you for reaching out.

Different from Jira Classic projects, Jira Next-gen uses unique entities to define each project scope. In other words, each Next-gen project is configured with its own set of fields that can not be shared with multiple projects. 

I must confess that I don't know how the integration with Zendesk works, but to add values from a single field in Next-gen projects, you would need to create a single field in each Next-gen project to properly receive the value from the Zendesk tickets. You can check the available types of custom fields for Next-gen projects in the documentation below:

Available custom fields for next-gen projects 

Hope this information helps.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events