Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Zendesk to JIRA. With next generation how can our custom field populate on all projects

Edited

Hi,

We have a custom field for Engineering Priority that is on Zendesk tickets. We could move this into Jira as a custom field but from what I understand now, with the next generation, this Jira level field cant be brought into the projects.

How, with the next generation Jira, can I have a custom field on Zendesk tickets and have the field populate in Jira and show up on whatever project it is assigned to?

I want Engineering to be able to sort on this field, etc.

Thanks all

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Tone,

Thank you for reaching out.

Different from Jira Classic projects, Jira Next-gen uses unique entities to define each project scope. In other words, each Next-gen project is configured with its own set of fields that can not be shared with multiple projects. 

I must confess that I don't know how the integration with Zendesk works, but to add values from a single field in Next-gen projects, you would need to create a single field in each Next-gen project to properly receive the value from the Zendesk tickets. You can check the available types of custom fields for Next-gen projects in the documentation below:

Available custom fields for next-gen projects 

Hope this information helps.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

101 views 1 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you