Xray test cases and number of steps reporting

Jose Correa November 26, 2021

I am trying to report on number of steps per Xray test cases.  I run the Test List report, I add the column, "Number of Steps" and I don't get a count on any of my tests and I know I have steps in almost 90% of my tests.  Is there a flag that triggers a count?

1 answer

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2021

Hi @Jose Correa 

The column "Number of Steps" is not an Xray field, so, understandably, it does not show the number of the steps in Xray Tests.

Currently, in Xray Cloud, we don't have a field to show the number of steps. It is best to contact Xray Support (http://Xraysupport.getXray.app) to share your use case so that we can analyze it and look for options.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Jose Correa December 6, 2021

It is not a field?  But its a option to show/display the fields in the dashboard or filters?  Are you sure?xraysteps.PNG

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2021

Hi @Jose Correa 

It is not an Xray field, it is a field of course, but not one provided by Xray.

In Jira it is possible to create new fields, however, these manually created fields are independent of Xray, so these will not have a relationship with Xray or with its features.

So these fields, will not display information related to Xray.

Although, these Jira fields can be shown in the Xray report, do not make them an Xray field.

In my Xray test environment the Number of Steps does not exist:

number.png

Someone or something must have created that field in your instance, not Xray.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Inês Figueiredo Costa April 18, 2023

Hi @Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter saw this post and your answer and would like to ask if you know if Xray has any improvement regarding this topic?

I would like also to do some kind of reporting to count number of steps for each test case.

Thank you.

Petar Petrov February 27, 2024

@Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter Same question here. 

This is a good report that it will be great for us to be able to generate. 

It helps with identifying the QA performance and identify giant tests that need to be reworked.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events