X-Ray Field and screens not showing on Jira

NehaSThakur November 6, 2019

Hi,

We have installed X-ray on our jira ( we signed up for demo and then from 2nd month it was billed )

https://confluence.xpand-it.com/display/public/XRAY/Custom+Fields+and+Screen+Configuration

as per this documentation we should be seeing default screen for x-ray tests and custom field for x-ray issue types but we seeing neither.

Can someone help.

2 answers

0 votes
Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2021

The first thing to clarify is whether you're using Xray on Jira server/datacenter or Jira Cloud.  Jira server/DC is different from Jira Cloud and so are Xray server/datacenter and Xray Cloud, as it uses the corresponding Jira infrastructure.

First, and to contextualize,

To setting up a project,

If you're having problems with the issue types or the screens, usually it is a sign that the project hasn't been configured correctly as mentioned in the previous instructions.

If you're missing the issue types, please see the corresponding quick setup instructions to see how to add them properly;

• in case of Xray server/DC, you shouldn't add the issue types to scheme by hand or else you'll need to configure the screens by yourself. Therefore, Xray provides a proper way for adding the Xray issue types and configure the screens for you; you can do it from project settings
  • in case of Xray Cloud, in project settings you can add the Xray issue types within the Summary meny inside Xray Settings.

If you're missing some fields on the screens, this is probably a Xray server/DC issue because it uses several custom fields while in Xray Cloud, due to its architecture, it doesn't work like that. 

• in Xray server/DC, to fix the screen configuration, you can either remove the issue types and re-add them but now using the proper shortcut on project settings.. or you can fix the screens by hand (please reach out the support)
  • in Xray Cloud, you don't need to fix the screens.. if some information is not appearing in the screens, it's probably because of the project settings you have. Please go to Xray Settings, in project settings, and see in the Summary if all is ok.
0 votes
Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2020

Hi @NehaSThakur ,

I guess you have solved this issue meanwhile, correct?

In the future, please don't hesitate to reach out Xray support and the team will be glad to help you out in a more effective manner.

Regards.

Sergio

Mona Armanious November 18, 2020

I just installed XRay and configured my project.

I can see the xray issue types,but i can not see the xray issue screens when i try to associate the issue types with the screens

Like Ome.Peddi likes this
stephan.spat January 21, 2022

Yes, I have the same problem und no solution yet.

Anyone who had the same issue and was able to solve it?

Ome.Peddi July 25, 2022

Is this resolved? We have the same issue after cloud JIRA migration and we are blocked for several weeks now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events