WBS-Gantt-Chart add-on: Export to excel file is not working well

quod admin October 2, 2017

Hi,

I am using the add on WBS Gantt-Chart and testing it. 

However I found 2 main points not good, and I hope if there is smething else you can suggest:

1. I found only one export action which is in the top menu. This exports the WBS to an excel file, but when I open the file, I haven't found the Gantt chart but only the list of the tasks.

I expected to see a gantt chart. Is there any other export, to use?

2.  The % Done calculation is always displaying 0% for the parent tasks when choosing the automatic option based on Time Tracking. In fact the parent task needs to include the time spent inthe sub tasks which is not take intou account in your calculation here. This leads to wrong calculation of the % Done, and to the global % Done of the Gantt project.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Jenny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2017

1.You should enable the content in Excel.
2. The reasons why they calculate parent progress as 0% is those are the side effect from the 'Auto Calculate Percent Done' which isn't designed to focus on 'Time Tracking.' To enable the parent tasks to calculate with consideration of children tasks, you need to set 'Aggregate time tracking' on 'Schedule setting' and also change 'issue view' configuration to 'calculate with specific fields automatically.' You also have to input the value on numerator as 'Σ Time spend' and for denominator as'Σoriginal estimate.'

If you need further assistance, reach out to Ricksoft customer support.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events