Unable to Connect Jira Server to MS Teams App

alexandra.martin October 2, 2020

Hi,

I'm having trouble connecting the MS Teams app to Jira instance.

I have everything configured correctly per the config guide on the Jira side, but when we provide the Jira ID during the authentication process in Microsoft Teams, we get the following error:

"Failed to generate authorization link. Please contact your Jira Server administrator and confirm Application link for Microsoft Teams app has been properly configured."

I've tried removing the app from teams and reinstalling, uninstalling from Jira and reinstalling, etc - nothing works and I consistently get the error.

I assume this is now an issue on the Teams side as it is configured correctly on the Jira side and the connection status shows as ACTIVE in Jira. Has anyone seen this and had success with getting it resolved? Any other thread I've seen hasn't had a great resolution provided.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

3 answers

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2024
0 votes
Emre Özel March 13, 2021

Hi we have a same problem can you help me ? 

alexandra.martin April 15, 2021

Hi, @Emre Özel -- just a heads up that I still have yet to be able to resolve my issue. Hoping you'll find a resolution.

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2020

Hi @alexandra.martin ,

I think this has nothing to do with the Jira Teams Connector App, but the application link is missing.

Can you check, if the application link is configured correct.

alexandra.martin October 2, 2020

Hi, @Bastian Stehmann! Thanks for the response. The application link is set up and - I believe - is done so correctly. I followed the configuration "how to" guide exactly.

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2020

Hi Alexandra, 

Thanks for confirming the Application link.

Did you try to set up the connection again, Microsoft had some issues with Reams the last days, maybe the problem was caused by them too.

alexandra.martin October 6, 2020

Hi, @Bastian Stehmann - thanks again for checking in. I'm still unable to connect after multiple attempts to do so.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events