Time to SLA plugin need to send notifications to external e-mail.

Brian Fisher September 20, 2021

Using the Time to SLA plugin we would like to send notifications to external e-mail addresses.  We have a custom field in each ticket where that is defined but when setting up the SLA notifier I don't see a way to do this.  Any suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2021

Hi @Brian Fisher 

You can send notifications to external e-mail addresses using SLA notifiers.

Here, you can find more info about setting an SLA notifier with custom email addresses.

Below is the related section of the documentation:

Enter E-Mail addresses if you want to notify any other people.

If you need to enter more than one e-mail address, use a comma to separate them.

(i.e. john@mycompany.com,alice@mycompany.com)

You can also select User Fields if you want to send notifications to people in particular user fields (user-picker type custom fields), however, these are Jira users and it might not work in your scenario (as the users might not be internal Jira users).

I hope it helps, please let me know if you have a different use case.

Brian Fisher September 21, 2021

I was hoping for something like User Fields but with external addresses.  The outside e-mail is different for every ticket so manually entering it per your example above won't work.  Can the above manual e-mail entry accept a variable?  Each ticket has a single line text field with the external e-mail address defined in it.  Passing that field as a variable would work if its possible

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2021

Hi Brian,

Unfortunately, there is no such option. However, I believe that will be a good improvement. If you raise a support ticket here, the team might consider and hopefully deliver soon. 

Brian Fisher September 21, 2021

Thanks I will do that

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events