Reporter field in Create Issue screen in Jira Service Desk Cloud project

maris.miculs January 29, 2020

Hi,

I try to customize Create Issue (appears when press + button) screen with Reporter field, but it doesn't appear in form.

Is it possible to show it? 

If yes, how to do that?

Thanks!

Maris

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2020

Hello @maris.miculs

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I understand that you are trying to add the reporter field to the creation screen when a customer clicks to create a new issue in the customer portal, as displayed in the screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 18.42.55.png 

Please, provide us with a screenshot in case this is not the view you are trying to customize.

If I understood that's the view you were talking about, once the customer creates a new issue, he will be able to see the reporter field with his own user as the creator of the issue.

That being said, I must confess that I'm not sure why you would need the reporter field in the issue creation. Do you want to allow the customer to select another user to be the reporter?

Please, provide us with more details on what you are trying to achieve with some screenshots. We will be glad to provide you with more valuable information. :)

maris.miculs February 3, 2020

Hello,

I talk about the issue creation screen from agent side not customer's side.

There could be the situation when customer call to our service center and agent should register new issue and connect it with customer through Reporter field.

If you know the better way how to do this, I would be appreciate for help :)

Thanks!

agent_issue_screen1.png agent_issue_screen2.png

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2020

Hello @maris.miculs

Thank you for clarifying your request.

Indeed, it is possible to set the customer when creating a new issue using the Agent view of Jira. You just need to follow the steps below:

1 - Navigate to your SD project > Project settings > Screens > Click to edit the Create issue screen > Add the reporter field

2 - The field will be displayed as "Raise this request on behalf of" in the create screen:

Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 15.25.58.png

P.S: In case it still not appearing, click in Configure fields and enable it

Additional to that, I must inform you that the Agent view has some limitations that might cause your customers to don't be able to see the issue, so it is not the ideal way to create issues on behalf of customers because:

1 - The request type can not be setting in the Agent view, so the customer will not be able to see it:

Request Type should be included in the Create Issue screen 

2 - The organization field can not be added in the create issue screen too:

Organization field does not appear in Create Issue screen (not portal) 

That being said, I recommend you to use the "Raise a request" option in the left menu of the project to create issues on behalf of customers, using the agent view only to create internal issues that should not be visible to customers:

Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 15.35.14.png

Let us know if you have any questions.

maris.miculs February 4, 2020

Thank you for help and recommendations, @Petter Gonçalves !

I understand now why I couldn't find Reporter field.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
February 4, 2020

You are welcome, @maris.miculs

Let us know in case you have any other questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events