Project Automation set Epic Link is not working

Björn Fihn August 23, 2021

I want some easy rule, after some EPIC is created and want that some Task it automaticly created and linked to the generated EPIC.

I dont know why but this is not working. If i created an EPIC then some new TASK is automaticly generated but withouth any link to the EPIC.

2021-08-23 09_35_24-Project automation - Jira - PM - AEB SE.png

someone has an idea? :) thank you very much

2 answers

0 votes
Mark Chaimungkalanont
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2021

The only thing I would add here is to make sure that the Epic Link is settable and available on the create screen of the Task (ie make sure that when you create the task manually, you can also set the Epic)

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2021

Hi @Björn Fihn

Can you share some screenshots of the audit log? 

Also, can you share some details of the Epic? Is it the same project or another project? Does the user have access to that project if it is another? 

Björn Fihn August 24, 2021

hi @John Funk  yes sure. Strange part is, it mentioned all is fine :( 2021-08-24 10_52_59-Project Automation set Epic Link is not working.png2021-08-24 10_53_15-Project Automation set Epic Link is not working.png2021-08-24 10_53_26-Project Automation set Epic Link is not working.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2021

Yeah, all of that looks fine - it should be adding that value as the Epic Link in my opinion. I would open a support ticket with Atlassian for that. 

Please post back here with their solution.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events