It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Populating a custom field from another field

Danielle Mather Mar 26, 2019

Hello, I'm looking for a way to populate a custom field upon creation of a ticket in JIRA Service Desk with another fields value. I'm trying to solve for the fact that JIRA doesn't allow to export the reporter and the organization as the value in the field to excel. My thoughts are could I populate another custom field with this data to be able to export into excel. 

If anyone has done this I'd love to assistance! Thanks! 

1 comment

David Fischer [Innovalog] Community Leader Mar 27, 2019 • edited

Hi Danielle,

there are many apps that will allow you to do that, such as ScriptRunner, Automation for Jira or JMWE (others are only available for Jira Server).

Using JMWE (our app), you can use the Copy Value From Field To Field post-function on the Create transition of your JSD workflow.

Comment

Community showcase
Posted in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Demo Den Ep. 4: Continuous Integration with CircleCI & Jira Software

Get ready! Demo Den Episode 4 is coming your way on Tuesday, May 28, 2018 with a Continuous Integration and Delivery special demo. CircleCI Director of Solutions Engineering, Eddie Webb will show us ...

430 views 0 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you