Looking for an easy way to see which projects use the Jira Misc Workflow Extension

William Anderson July 18, 2018

I administer a very large Jira instance with nearly five hundred projects, and we're moving to a new instance soon. I'm trying to test all of the add-ons that we still use (and verifying which ones we still use!) - Is there any way to tell which projects, *if any*, use the Jira Misc Workflow Extension?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2018

No, there's no "easy" way.  The projects are steps removed from most of the usage.

The usage is that projects have workflow schemes, which contain workflows, which may or may not use some of the functions provided by JMWE

The quickest way I've done an analysis is a dirty one - download the xml backup for the server, grep it for the class name(s) I'm interested in so that it shrinks down to just the xml of the workflows, then look at the names of them, comparing them with the workflow schemes and then projects.

I don't know if there are better methods now (it has been a while), but you can at least see why it's not a simple task!

0 votes
Anuradha Yadav October 6, 2022

you can login to Power Admin and then check like below:

image.png

Joseph Dejuliis February 27, 2023

Hi Anuradha

I'm assuming Power Admin is a server/datacenter app not a cloud app

Thanks

Joe

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2023

Correct, it's still not available to Cloud, 5 years after the question was asked.

If you're on server or DC though, I'm going to blatantly plug Adaptavist's "Microscope" - it is an app that is designed to tell you where apps are used (mainly for planning migrations for Cloud), and it can report in full on JMWE - it literally lists every single place you've used JMWE and other similar apps.

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2023

Actually, in JMWE's next Cloud release, scheduled for early March, you will be able to see all workflows that use any JMWE workflow extension, on a new admin page called... JMWE Workflow Extensions. And of course you can also see all JMWE Event-based Actions and Scheduled Actions on their respective pages.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events