Learn how to request and manage app requests in the Marketplace

G’day everyone!

Super exciting news coming from the Marketplace. We have now fully rolled out the ability for end-users to submit app requests to admins directly from within the product! No longer will you need to track down who your admin is for your instance as we’ve now made that seamless for you to do.

As a cloud product user, you’ll see a tab for “apps” in the top header with the drop down option for “Find new apps”. Clicking on this link will take you to the in-product marketplace for the Atlassian products.

Once inside the Atlassian Marketplace, you can browse different apps and sort by top rated, newest, and top trending. Once you find an app that you want you can request the app and submit a message to the admin about why you would like to have this app added to your instance.

For admins, it is also a seamless process. As an admin you can review the app requests that your users have submitted and easily reject or install the app. In both scenarios, your user will be notified if you have approved or rejected the app.

As always, these new features are a work in progress. If you have some feedback on how we can improve this experience, please let us know in the comments below!

15 comments

Comment

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
Jan 25, 2021

This is a new feature? I could've sworn I saw some requests like this months ago? Maybe we were getting a preview?

Like Shana likes this
Shana
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
Jan 29, 2021

Hey there @Darryl Lee , good call-out! This feature was introduced via a progressive rollout to customers. You may have been included in an earlier cohort. The feature is now fully available.

Is there a way to reset a rejected app's status so that others can request it?  Once rejected...it's forever rejected?

This video and the interface has only the "Reject Request" option. How do I approve an App Request?

Like # people like this

I also can't figure out how to approve a request. The button is missing?

Like # people like this

Seconding the comments above...all I see as an admin is "Reject", there's no Approve, nor is there any indication in the product video where Approve should be?

Like Laura Murtagh likes this

Following up on the above comment. Is there a way to show that an app request has been approved?

I have tried repeatedly to "reject" an app request, and the status changes on the screen, but when I refresh the screen, the rejected status does not stick. It goes back to "open".

Installed apps also continue to show as "open" requests, not as installed.

How do you "approve" an app request?  This isn't covered in the video and I didn't see a response to this question when asked earlier.  Thanks.

One of our admins rejected a market place app by mistake. Now, no one is able to add that app in the Confluence. How can an app request be reconsidered if the first instance was a mistake? Is is once reject it remains forever? Retrying to request the app is giving message - "We ran into a little trouble"

Rohan Khandelwal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
Feb 01, 2022

Hi 

@Alper Cugun @Martin Hewitt  @Laura Murtagh @Carol Sexton  Currently an app request is "approved" when an admin installs the requested app on the instance. The current UI does not have a clear call to action for "Approve Request" we acknowledge the feedback and will include the CTA in the upcoming releases. Meanwhile, an admin needs to install the app to approve an app request. An admin can do so by clicking on the app request and then clicking on install. 

@Matt Majer @Mohammad Nabidur Rahman  yes currently if an app request is rejected it cannot be requested again by any other user on the instance. While building the feature a lot of Admins provided us the feedback that they do not want to receive new requests for an app for which a request has been already rejected. They find it as spam and an overhead work to reject the new requests. 

@Gary Dunn we have made some enhancements to the existing implementation of the App Request flow, the issue you have mentioned should be fixed now. You can reach out to me if the issue still persists for you.

Thanks

Like Maggie Norby Adams likes this

Thanks, Rohan. My problem with 'rejecting' app requests still exists. The process fails.

When I attempt it using the Chrome or Edge browsers, I get this message: "We ran into a little trouble. It might just be a hiccup. Try again in a bit."

When I attempt it using the Firefox browser, it appears to work. When I refresh the screen, the change has not taken place and the status for the requested app is still "Open".

Rohan Khandelwal
Atlassian Team
Mar 09, 2022 • edited

Thanks for informing @Gary Dunn  I will ask the team to look into this issue you are facing. Meanwhile, can you please raise a support ticket for this issue so that we can track the resolution?

I get this every time I go into the App requests screen:

App requests

You can view and manage details of all app requests

We ran into a little trouble. It might just be a hiccup. Try again in a bit.
No idea what to do at this point.
Like # people like this

Hi,

Is there a way to override who receives this notification? For example, making a new Jira Group and Assigning that group ?

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events