Jira Jenkins integration

venkatakrishanan r October 13, 2021

Hi, 

Iam integrating Jira & Jenkins and have used Jira software Cloud and Jenkins on AWS VM

Followed the DOC : https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/jira-rest-api-oauth-authentication and test connection was successful 

openjdk version "1.8.0_302"

Jenkins 2.303.2

1, Configured JIRA Trigger Plugin 1.0.1 in Jenkins tried with 1.0.0 but no luck 

While doing the basic testing in jira job has not trigger in Jenkins, Jenkins  logs 

java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Processing this request relies on deprecated behavior that will be disallowed in future releases of Java. See https://jenkins.io/redirect/stapler-reflective-access/ for more information. Details: Class org.kohsuke.stapler.RequestImpl can not access a member of class com.ceilfors.jenkins.plugins.jiratrigger.JiraCommentTrigger with modifiers "private"

Could any one guide me 

1 answer

0 votes
Anil Sharma May 23, 2022

hey @venkatakrishanan r  have you got any success on the above?

For me, alongwith the above in logs, i m getting below but could not get any clue

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Text must not be null or empty
at groovy.json.JsonSlurper.parseText(JsonSlurper.java:203)
at groovy.json.JsonSlurper$parseText.call(Unknown Source)
at com.ceilfors.jenkins.plugins.jiratrigger.webhook.JiraWebhook.processEvent(JiraWebhook.groovy:56)
at com.ceilfors.jenkins.plugins.jiratrigger.webhook.JiraWebhook$processEvent.callCurrent(Unknown Source)
at com.ceilfors.jenkins.plugins.jiratrigger.webhook.JiraWebhook.doIndex(JiraWebhook.groovy:51)

Muthu Kumaran Kamaraj
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 17, 2024

Hi @Anil Sharma . We were using this with onprem jira and was working fine. However, See the same error as above when using the cloud SAAS JIRA. Were you able to make it work ?

Apr 17, 2024 5:30:57 PM WARNING org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler$Context log
Error while serving https://jenkinsurl/jira-trigger-webhook-receiver/
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Text must not be null or empty
at groovy.json.JsonSlurper.parseText(JsonSlurper.java:203)
at groovy.json.JsonSlurper$parseText.call(Unknown Source)
at com.ceilfors.jenkins.plugins.jiratrigger.webhook.JiraWebhook.processEvent(JiraWebhook.groovy:56)
at com.ceilfors.jenkins.plugins.jiratrigger.webhook.JiraWebhook$processEvent.callCurrent(Unknown Source)
at com.ceilfors.jenkins.plugins.jiratrigger.webhook.JiraWebhook.doIndex(JiraWebhook.groovy:51)
at java.base/java.lang.invoke.MethodHandle.invokeWithArguments(MethodHandle.java:710)
at org.kohsuke.stapler.Function$MethodFunction.invoke(Function.java:398)

Anil Sharma April 17, 2024

the cloud version seems does not support this. We have left this task for good as of now .

Mark Rekveld - Marvelution
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 17, 2024

@Anil Sharma @Muthu Kumaran Kamaraj The Jenkins Integration for Jira app supports both Jira Data Center and Jira Cloud and can trigger builds in Jenkins from Jira using a manual issue action or a workflow post function.

It can also include issue field as build parameters.

Disclaimer, I'm the developer of the app.

Muthu Kumaran Kamaraj
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 17, 2024

Hi @Mark Rekveld . I tried this but unfortunately looks like the jenkins plugin doesnt support our current version of jenkins 2.332.3

Warning: This plugin is built for Jenkins 2.361.4 or newer. Jenkins will refuse to load this plugin if installed.

Mark Rekveld - Marvelution
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 18, 2024

Hi @Muthu Kumaran Kamaraj 

I just checked if I can simple add support for 2.332.3, but it doesn't seem to be simple version switch, and also requires code updates.

Do you have any plans to update your Jenkins instance to a newer version? 2.332 was released back in January of 2022.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events