Is a Planview integration to the Jira Cloud version of the product supported?

Chris Volker November 13, 2015

I am trying to find additional information on integrating Planview to a JIRA Cloud instance.  It appears to be supported for a server based implementation, but not for Cloud.  I'm trying to look for some initial information to get started.  Thanks!

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2015

Hi Chris, I'm afraid this connector is not available for Cloud, but it was already requested to the Dev team. It was closed due priority reasons, I believe:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-35149

Cheers,

Rodrigo Silva

0 votes
Lesa King November 25, 2015

We have Confirmed that there is a Planview connector (as of the last Planview update) for JIRA cloud called Planview Open Suite

For our instance we need to buy the OpenSuite Connector: $10,000 one-time cost.

Planview is estimating about 5 days of their consulting to set it up: $9,750.

0 votes
Chris Volker November 19, 2015

I agree.  In fact, when I dug back into the ticket, I was surprised to see your name there!!  I have a couple of issues similar to this, and all I can do is try and solicit an "up vote" on getting resolution!

0 votes
Lesa King November 19, 2015

The ticket Rodrigo referenced was mine from well over a year ago.  Atlassian Connect is supposed to enable this integration, but as yet I have not found anyone who has done this.   Some things I have read recently indicated that Planview had improved their opensuite connector to connect to JIRA cloud, but I have not been able to confirm that yet.

At the Atlassian Summit a couple weeks ago Atlassian proclaimed a commitment to the Cloud and getting more plugins available to Cloud users.  I hope they deliver on this promise soon.

Honestly, I believe Tempo is a much better product than Planview, but the Project Managers here are dug in and refuse to consider other options.

0 votes
Chris Volker November 16, 2015

Thanks very much for supplying that information, greatly appreciated!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events