Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing JXL for Jira Data Center - Inline issue editing was never easier

Hello community!

This is my first proper post here so I’d like to start by introducing us quickly. My co-founder Hannes and I are ex-Atlassians who started an exciting new Marketplace Partner business, which we called Fine Software. We received funding from Atlassian Ventures shortly after setting up and before we even launched our app, JXL for Jira. We love Jira and our passion is to craft beautiful software that really helps people get their job done.

jxl-screen-wireframe-datacenter-v1.png

Five months ago we launched JXL for Jira Cloud and it was an instant success. TechCrunch published an article about it and we immediately started getting great reviews and growing our customer and fan base. Initially we had planned to offer a Data Center app only later but the amount of interest and requests we received had us re-prioritise. We don’t store any customer data outside of Jira Cloud sites, which made an adaptation for the Data Center environment a relatively straightforward effort for us. Now I’m happy to share that we have released JXL for Jira Data Center yesterday. 🎉

So what’s JXL again? The app combines the power of Jira with the familiarity of spreadsheets, allowing users to effortlessly inline-edit issues in highly customisable table views. E.g. you can mark, copy and paste field values, individually or in bulk, and much more that isn’t possible natively in the Jira products. Advantages include countless saved clicks and hours, as well as less tech-savvy teams adopting Jira, which benefits digital transformation and flow of information across the whole organisation. Working in tables just feels familiar for most people. It just beautifully works.

highlight1.png

JXL’s capabilities at the time of writing, in addition to top speed and scalability, include an awesome what-you-see-is-what-you-get table editing experience with a bespoke JQL composer bar, column sorting, filtering and resizing, support for all common keyboard commands, marking, copying and pasting single or multiple cells in one go, undoing and redoing any changes, inline creating issues, sheet export, a status bar for cell range aggregations, support for pretty much all Jira fields and custom field types, and much more. On top of that, we are currently working on issue ranking, grouping and hierarchy, and all sorts of more great stuff.

highlight2.png

So if you’re looking to speed up your issue editing, take it for a spin for free for a month. Chances are you'll never want to go back. Grab a trial here on the Atlassian Marketplace.

I hope this was a useful announcement and I’ll be back soon with concrete “How to” articles and case studies. If anyone has any questions, please get in touch or comment. We’d love to hear from you. Stay safe. ✌️

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events