Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Invisible Translations for Jira Service Desk Tickets

A super brief history of Language Translations for Jira Service Desk

Sometimes we get tickets in Japanese or Russian. Unfortunately, as cool and diverse as our support team is, those languages are not in their mix.

Japanese ticket.png

To eliminate these type of language barriers for global support teams we recently developed Language Translations for Jira Service Desk.

The Bilingual Mode

In its original design, the app translates any tickets written in a language we don’t master. As a result, we can read the problems of our Japanese or Russian customers, and they can read our original responses in English together with a canned translation into their mother tongue.

It’s a bilingual mode where the automated translation is communicated transparently and supported with the original message.

LT_Customer_Bilingual_View-01.png

The Invisible Mode

To accommodate the use cases of our growing user base, simplify ticket communication and improve customer experience, we’re introducing a new flow that we call invisible mode and a new command that will give agents to ability to decide which of their messages will be translated.

Let’s have a look.

#translate – a command for being understood

In invisible mode, agent messages will only be translated when they are tagged with the command #translate and saved as internal comments. This gives agents total control over how they communicate with their customers, and make the app much more flexible and context-sensitive.

translatation of German comment into English.png

In the example above, the customer will receive a message from the agent with the translation of the internal comment.

Here are the reasons why you should consider adding this to your support process:

Invisible translations

In invisible mode, the language barrier will disappear from the support experience of your customers, who will only see responses in their own language. No “automated translation” label and no original message from the agent.

In the case below, it looks like the customer and the agent are having a support conversation in Portuguese. Great!

But on the back, the agent is actually writing their responses in English.

LT_Customer_Invisible_Mode-01.png

Crisper ticket threads

A complex ticket where every message is doubled into two languages can be hard to follow. Why should translations add complexity and noise to the communication with your customers?

When every message is clean, longer ticket threads are as easy to read as originally designed in JSD.

Only relevant notifications

The Invisible mode will keeps a minimum flow of notification: the customer will only receive one email notification for each message sent by the agent, independently of whether it is a translation or not. This provides consistency with the JSD experience.

How to set it up

To benefit from this option, simply:

• go to Project settings
  • scroll down to Language Translations
  • Make sure translations are enabled for that project, and
  • select “Invisible mode”

translation modes screen.png

Get started

Download the latest release of Language Translations for Jira Service Desk from the Atlasian Marketplace.

Keep reading:

5 scenarios for powering a multilingual Jira Service Desk with automated translations

The secret to a multilingual customer service

15 comments

Comment

Kim Cusick October 13, 2020

Thank you, Capi.  It is helpful information.  Since it is about language, and I want to share it with some managers at my company, if it is possible, I would be grateful for a spelling change to the word "Introducting".

Thank you,

Kim

Like # people like this
Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 13, 2020

Hi @Kim Cusick,

Thanks for the tip ;) I've made the edit you suggested.

Like # people like this
M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2020

Thank you @Capi [resolution]

Like Capi [resolution] likes this
Julia Foden October 21, 2020

Hi. Do you have a list of the languages that are supported?

Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 21, 2020

Hi @Julia Foden,

We use the google translate API for the translations, so that covers pretty much any language combination you can think of. Full list is here: https://translate.google.com/intl/en/about/languages/

Like Julia Foden likes this
ankush174 October 27, 2020

Please ignore the previous comment as the "invisible mode" is available on the Cloud version only.

Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
October 28, 2020

Hello @ankush174,

You are right. We do have a Server version of the app but the vast majority of our customer base for this app is on cloud and that is the direction we are planning to develop further.

ankush174 October 28, 2020

@Capi [resolution] 

I am evaluating this app for my company usage as we have users who speaks different languages. While evaluating this app on the Server Edition found 1 thing:

If a Service Desk agent has put an "Internal Comment" in any other language apart from English those comments are not translated into English. It will be good if there is an option to translate the Internal Comments too.

Thanks

Ankush Grover

Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
October 29, 2020

Hi @ankush174 ,

Thank you for your feedback, we will consider that request for future versions.

ankush174 December 10, 2020

@Capi [resolution] 

My company was about to purchase this plugin for the Self Hosted JIRA/JIRA Service desk but it seems this plugin has been removed for the JIRA Server model and we are no longer about to purchase this.

Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
December 11, 2020

Hello @ankush174,

Indeed we are in the process of de-listing the Server version of this product, as we will not certify the app for Data Center and the vast majority of our customer base is on the Atlassian cloud.

I apologize for the inconveniences that the lack of clarity to this regard may have caused your company. If you ever migrate to Jira Service Management cloud, you may consider this option again.

Best regards,

Jaime

ankush174 December 22, 2020

Hi @Capi [resolution] 

Is there any way we can get the trial license or the actual license(we can pay) for a  year for the Server Edition? As we can move to the Cloud only after July and this plugin somehow is essential for some of our newly added locations(Costa Rica & Mexico). We tried to generate the trail license but it is being rejected on the Atlassian portal. Do let me know what information you need from our side for the license part.

Your help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover

Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
December 28, 2020

Hi @ankush174 

Sorry for the delay, holiday season! I will inquire with the team and come back to you, it may take some days since it's December 29th today.

I suggest that we move this conversation over to our support system in the meantime. Would you mind creating a ticket here?

ankush174 December 29, 2020

@Capi [resolution]  I did open the ticket on 23rd December and here is the ticket number SSSOSUP-7226.

Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
December 29, 2020

Thank you @ankush174, I got it!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events