How to trigger automation rule on Jira when a comment is edited

Wensi Lu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 7, 2021

As a Jira admin, I am trying to create an automation rule that is triggered when a comment is updated. The "Issue commented" trigger only works for new comment. Is there any trigger available for when a comment is edited / updated? If not, is there any alternative method such as a smart value to achieve this purpose?

2 answers

1 vote
Ryan Rules [Adaptavist] January 8, 2021

Hi @Wensi Lu  - You mentioned in your post about any alternative methods to achieve your requirement of running an automation off the back of an issue comment being updated.

Using ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud, I can confirm that you can use Script Listeners to run an automation off the back of an issue comment being updated (by using the "Comment Updated" webhook.

Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 11.00.14.png

You can read more about Script Listeners here. I hope this information helps.

Many thanks,

Ryan

Disclaimer: I am the the Product Manager for ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

There isn't a way. However, The issue is track .

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/How-to-trigger-a-rule-when-an-comment-is-edited/qaq-p/1243361

Hope this answers your question. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events