How to transfer attachments from Service Desk to Jira software board?

Piyush Dinde January 3, 2020

So we have two projects; one is Jira Service Desk and another one is traditional software board. 

The automation for creating a clone from Service Desk to Jira already exists as our internal tech/IT teams looks at the issues and resolves it.

The issue I am facing in this automation is as follows: 
- When anybody raises a ticket with the attachment on Service Desk, I clone it using a rule via Automation for Jira.
- However during this cloning, the attachments are lost.
- Hence to refer to the images we have to go on linked issues in Jira Software board and then go to Service Desk task and see the attachment. 

I am using Automation for Jira tool to automate this and would appreciate it if someone helps me find a way to resolve this with the same tool or the Automation tool from Service Desk board. 

What's the way to resolve this?

PS: I am using cloud version.

2 answers

0 votes
Antonio Muñoz September 18, 2020

Hi @Piyush Dinde , @Zydrunas Tamasauskas , we´re having exactly the same issue with attachments between JS and JSD but in both workflows, that is, from JSD to JS and from JS comments to JSD comments.

Appreciate any support if you both have been able to move forward here.

Thanks,

Antonio

Zydrunas Tamasauskas September 20, 2020

@Antonio Muñoz so far what we been up to - create a private service to utilize the JS and JSD APIs to re-attach all the media files.

It appears that the Atlassian team left this intentionally for others to fill in the gaps.

Like Antonio Muñoz likes this
Antonio Muñoz September 21, 2020

Ok, got it, appreciate your comments @Zydrunas Tamasauskas 

Let´s see how we can fix this because it´s a daily basis workflow between support & development teams.

Regards,

Muñoz

0 votes
Zydrunas Tamasauskas July 23, 2020

Any luck with this @Piyush Dinde ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events