How to secure Server & Data-center access using Two Factor Authentication(2FA/MFA)?

Vikas Nare February 18, 2021

Let's discuss how to protect your Server & Data Center access by adding additional 2FA/MFA security layer after user login with the help of mO Two Factor Authentication (2FA) for JIRAmO Two Factor Authentication (2FA) for Confluence addons.

2 comments

Comment

Ciana Meh February 21, 2021

Is it possible to achieve the below use case? 

1. Enable 2FA only for internal users(Organization users) who are trying to access the Jira Service Desk.
  2. Do not ask 2FA for customers who do not belong to the organization.
  3. 2FA should be prompt only when users are trying to access to Jira Service Desk from outside of Organization & should not ask when the user is in Organization.
Ashwini_More _miniOrange February 22, 2021

Hi Ciana,

Yes, you can achieve all the above-mentioned use-cases through mO Two Factor Authentication (2FA) for the JIRA app available on the Atlassian marketplace.

Please refer to the below features of the addon for details.

• Enable 2FA only for specific groups/users which allows you to enable 2FA for internal users [Organization users] and for the rest of the users [external users] 2FA will be skipped.
  • On top of it, you can whitelist the IP of your organization so that anyone accessing the application from the internal organization network will not be asked for 2FA. 

Go ahead and try the add-on for free! The add-on is available for a free trial and you can generate a trial license from Atlassian Marketplace.

You can also reach out to atlassiansupport@xecurify.com or raise a request here to get more details.

PS: I work for miniOrange one of the top SSO & 2FA/MFA vendors in the Atlassian Marketplace, the vendor referred here.

Ciana Meh March 1, 2021

Hello @Ashwini_More _miniOrange thanks for being so fast! I am able to solve this problem.We're currently evaluating your add-on, and I believe this is the best 2FA add-on.

Many thanks.

Paul Cope February 2, 2023

Is there no built in 2FA in JIRA without the need for a plugin?

Nikita Rudrawar February 3, 2023

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, 2FA is not supported in built in Jira Server/Data Center. So getting 3rd party 2FA addon is a must to secure your instance by enforcing 2FA for your users. 

You can check out the different 3rd party 2FA addons on the marketplace: Link

I am one of the developers of the 2FA addon in miniOrange. Our 2FA addon provides highest number of features and is the most liked 2FA addon in the Atlassian marketplace. You can give it a try.

You can also reach out to atlassiansupport@xecurify.com or raise a request here to get more details.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events