How to re-assign or add an additional owner through IFTTT

Corey Keiner November 7, 2023

Greetings,

I am trying to figure out how to fill in the gap on this thread in that it states that if the person knows how to update the ownedBy field, then you can add additional owners.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Confiforms-Add-owner-to-record-by-user-field-entry/qaq-p/1402003

I have not yet been successful updating the owner of a record through iFTTT. 

Set up:

I have a form in which I am entering multiple records and assigning a single reviewer [entry.Reviewer] which is a User field type. However, when I create the record, I am the owner as I am the creator of the record (expected). 

I've set up an IFTTT where On Create, it is to update the owner to the person I've selected in the entry.Reviewer field.  However, the owner of the record is not updated.  I've also tried as OnModify and this too does nothing.  Any suggestions?

The IFTTT is as follows:

Event: onCreated

Choose Action: Create/Update Confiform Entry

Fire IFTTT Action: empty

Parameters to set on the entry:  entryId=[entry.id]&ownedBy=[entry.Reviewer.asList],[entry._user]

Stop events Propagation: true

Bypass field restrictions and record ownership status: true

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2023

Hi @Corey Keiner 

If you Reviewer field is not a multi-user field then tehre is no need to use something like "asList" function

This is all as simple as follows- see the demo

http://recordit.co/GdLMB9J9bT

And a storage format for the reference, just in case

<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="fb2dca00-d235-4ccb-bcfc-fc4bc54ab009" ac:name="confiform" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="formName">form</ac:parameter>
<ac:rich-text-body>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="1aedd215-4bca-4a3a-b265-25f101c44851" ac:name="confiform-entry-register" ac:schema-version="1">
<p>
<br/>
</p>
</ac:rich-text-body>
</ac:structured-macro>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="08ab97b0-57a4-4dd5-a5fa-4354aef1c85a" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">Reviewer</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">Reviewer</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="type">user</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="required">true</ac:parameter>
</p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="9b6f529d-984e-44fe-b014-9a693b3b6a59" ac:name="confiform-ifttt" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="extras3">true</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="extras4">true</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="action">Create ConfiForms Entry</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="event">onCreated</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="title">entryId=[entry.id]&amp;ownedBy=[entry.Reviewer]</ac:parameter>
<p>
<br/>
</p>
<p>
<br/>
</p>
<p>Card</p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="498afb9b-4d9a-4612-94b4-658ee9d6bd0a" ac:name="confiform-card" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="formName">form</ac:parameter>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="2c38c3e2-7797-48d7-b37e-f46ef945d075" ac:name="confiform-field" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">id</ac:parameter>
</p>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="55f738fe-b50c-4173-9777-8172b04b0a26" ac:name="confiform-field" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">createdBy</ac:parameter>
</p>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="e6986768-ab4f-4032-9d45-a6407596f748" ac:name="confiform-field" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">Reviewer</ac:parameter>
</p>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="a15151cd-8ae5-4318-b80e-66853faf3994" ac:name="confiform-field" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">ownedBy</ac:parameter>
</p>

If you want yourself and the reviewer added as an owners then use

entryId=[entry.id]&ownedBy=[entry.Reviewer],[entry._user]

Alex

Corey Keiner November 8, 2023

Thank you again Alex.  This worked.

I spent hours looking at this yesterday.  :)

Enjoy your day.

-Corey

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events