Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confiforms: Add owner to record by user field entry

its moi June 10, 2020

I have a form with a user field. If this is filled, the selected user should be added as a record owner (additionally to the record creator). 

I have managed to set the owner to the user selected - using IFTTT, but I need to add the user so that the record has two owners, instead of replace the original owner (creator)

How can I do this? THANKS AS ALWAYS

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2020

So, if you know how to update the ownedBy field then it is very simple to add multiple owners. The expected format is a comma separated list of usernames

That means your expression will be something like

...&ownedBy=[entry.fieldholdinguser],[entry._user]

Where "fieldholdinguser" is the name of your field that you want to add as record owner

Alex

its moi June 15, 2020

Thanks, works great, was too easy :) 

Srinath S May 19, 2021

Hi Alex,

Kindly help on how I can update the ownedby field to have entry.user + additional users from another field? I mean where should I apply the rule that you have stated in your above comment?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2021

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events