How to place preconditions before test in xray? Global Configuration is missing

AnaM
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 26, 2020

Wanted to attempt this:

Jira > Apps > Xray> Miscellaneous > The Global Configuration for Xray > Click in Display Pre-Conditions section before Test Details

But the setting for displaying pre-conditions first, is gone.

Looked in the documentation and couldn't find anything about that section anymore or if they moved that particular option somewhere else.

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 6.58.53 AM.png

It used to look something like this (Found in another post)

image-2019-10-24-16-25-16-280.png

Does anyone know where to find that option?

Thank you for your help

3 answers

0 votes
Lyz September 21, 2021

@sherene @José Domingues _Xray_ @José Domingues _Xray_ 

Please would you help? I really need preconditions to be attached to the tests.

2021-09-21_10h42_19.png

0 votes
Lyz September 17, 2021

Please how to enable Preconditions on new Jira cloud?

I can create as many preconditions I want but I cannot link any of it to a test. Weird though, isn't it?

Here attached a screen of the former way to do it but I cannot find how to configurate that today... 

enable_precond.png

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2021

Hello @AnaM and @Lyz 

Xray Cloud and Xray Server/Data Center are two different apps using different hosting, architecture, and technologies.

So although we try to keep them as close as possible in terms of features, not all features found in Xray Server/Data Center will be found in Xray Cloud.

And this is one of those features that does not exist in the Xray Cloud.

If this is an essential feature for you, it is best to contact Xray Support (http://xraysupport.getxray.app) to share your use case to be analyzed.

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Like Lyz likes this
Lyz October 5, 2021

Thank you very much @Rogério 

0 votes
José Domingues _Xray_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 10, 2020

Hi @AnaM

The first image you sent us is from a Server Hosting using the Xray plugin; you, however, are you Xray App on the Cloud Hosting. Due to the hosting limitations, those are two different products, with different features, settings, and options. One of which is the one you are inquiring about, the "Display Pre-Conditions section before Test Details" is not available due to the Screens limitation imposed by Jira Cloud.
You can check our documentation on Xray Cloud to understand the product configuration and features.

Best Regards,

Team Xray

varshini
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 11, 2020

is there any other solution

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events