How to format a wiki-markup column with a background color with the same width in Structure?

Gabriele Mariotti May 29, 2020

I am using the Structure plugin.
I have a column with a formula formatted with a wiki markup.

Something like:

if(.....;
"{panel:borderStyle=solid|borderColor=white|bgColor=#59B161}{color:white}OK{color}{panel}";

The formula works nice, but I would like to have the same width for the different values?
Is it possible?

Schermata 2020-05-29 alle 22.58.51.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2020

Hi Gabriele;

Unfortunately, the width attribute is not supported, so the best approach in my opinion would be to pad text with unbreakable spaces. You may also want to make it monospaced {{text}} to make it match better - you need to monospace all your labels for that.

{panel:borderStyle=solid|borderColor=white|bgColor=#59B161}{color:white}{{    OK    {color}}}{panel}

Alternative would be to use images with equal width. There may be some other solutions including automated ones, which employ REPEAT() function (like here) to pad values. But these may be too complex for your use case.

Regards,

Egor Tasa
ALM Works

Gabriele Mariotti June 1, 2020

Thanks for the feedback. 

Sal April 21, 2023

@Egor Tasa [ALM Works] , Is this still the same?
I have a dynamic numeric value column and the space won't work.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events