How to Improve Your Customer's Journey Through Jira Service Desk Server, Pt. 4: My Requests

deviniti-banners.004.png

According to CCW Digital, customer experience and customer service management are the priority for over 50% of organizations. Obviously, it's important to pay attention to both these aspects because otherwise, when the clients encounter problems during the process, they become frustrated, lose trust to us, and turn to our competition. This means enabling customers to have easy access to all information, as well as smoothly go through every touch point of customer journey in the support process. We should do all in our power to create user-friendly support experience, especially on such a complex channel as Jira Service Desk. We've already set up and customized the Help Center, Request Form, and Request Detail View screens clearer, understandable, and more involving. Now, let's take care of My Requests list and make it more informative than what the default configuration offers us.

My Requests - all requests in one place

My Requests Default.png

Default My Requests list in Jira Service Desk Server

In general, we belong to more than one Service Desk on the specific Help Center. That can be problematic for the customers when they raise many requests on various Customer Portals. That's what My Requests screen is for - it gives the users the possibility to view the list of all the requests they created or participate in on a given instance. Here, the clients can not only see their requests with basic information such as reference number, service desk or status, but also do some simple actions such as filter them by their status, creator or request type, and search the requests.

Why default My Requests isn't enough? 

These basic functionalities mentioned above are very limited. There's no possibility to set which fields we want to see as columns nor sort the requests in these columns. When filtering by Status, the clients can only choose between Open and Closed. The search works only for issues' Summaries, which in most cases makes it unusable. Also, Jira Service Desk doesn't give us any possibility to customize this screen natively, as well as there are no workarounds like scripts.

For example, the customer has no information about the assignee or how long do they have to wait for their request to be solved, because there's no such column displayed on their My Requests list. Or, when an agent asks the client about which one of their issues with Highest priority is the most important for them. When customer looks at their list with requests there's no Priority column there they could sort or filter by. That's when the problem arises, especially when it's a customer with more than 100 requests on their list. How can they tell which ones have the Highest priority other than browsing through all the requests and making a separate list of them in the notebook? And, they need to do it only to choose the one that's the most urgent for them.

Instead of relying on default settings of My Requests list, we should check our options because we sure will find some on Atlassian Marketplace.

Advanced customization with Atlassian Marketplace apps

My Requests Extension for Service Desk is one of a few apps dedicated solely to My Requests list. As admins, we choose which fields they can add as columns, and which of them will be displayed by default, as well as we can globally limit the fields' visibility for selected user groups. For example, we can enable such columns as Assignee, Priority or Budget for the customers only from VIP user group, thus giving them the possibility to add these fields as columns to their list. This way, we protect such confidential information as budget from users who aren't authorized. 

Also, the customers don't have to worry about keeping it all in the right order from the beginning. They can drag and drop each item as they see fit. However, as the app is version 1.2 at the moment, not every field is available to choose from. Basically, for now every custom field and most system fields can be used as columns, including those which most customers ask for: Priority, Assignee, Due Date, Created, Updated and Resolved dates, among others. In other words, the app enables us to display all the fields we can display on Request Detail View, even those which can be added there with Extension for Jira Service Desk.

my requests extension.gif

Adding columns to the request list and ordering them

Other than that, My Requests Extension enables users to customize the requests list to their needs. Also, it offers advanced filters like filtering the requests by exact Status and choose a specific Service Desk where we raised our requests. We're going to increase the number of available filter options in the next releases as well. Other than that, we can sort each column other than Customer Request Type and Organizations alphabetically, and define how many requests will be displayed on one page.

The searcher provided by the app is also extended and enables searching through Description fields as well. You can also make use of special characters - for example, to exclude expressions from the search results.

As a result of this simple setup, My Requests list becomes clear and personalized, allowing to display more information and securing some fields at the same time. Moreover, users can save their filter and this way create various queues, i.e. a separate list with Waiting for support or In Progress requests and export them to a .csv file, which enables an easy way to report when our company is responsible for external clients' affairs.

This is the fourth part in the series of articles about improving customer experience with Jira Service Desk Server. Read other articles from the series:

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events