How do I display the "Add Test Case" button in Jira so it is linked to TestRail?

npatel@rentpath.com
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 15, 2019

How do I display the "Add Test Case" button in Jira so it is linked to TestRail?

Currently, I have a trial version of TestRail that I would like to integrate with my Production Jira instance. Any steps or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
David Enriquez October 25, 2019

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out! You can get the TestRail for Jira app here. This is what allows you to have an 'add test case' button directly in Jira. 

Simply configure the add-on with your TestRail address and key. From JIRA's administration area, select Manage add-ons, expand the TestRail for JIRA Test Management add-on and click Configure. Then simply configure your TestRail address and integration key and any additional optional settings.

Then when you're viewing a Jira project You'll see the 'add test case' button on the right side of the page. Please note depending on the view in your Jira instance you may need to expand the test cases section (please see below). 

expand_cases.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events