How can I auto-assign issues to different members in QA team based on the component of the issue?

Ankit Singh November 18, 2020

I'm trying to achieve the following:

For an issue x, if the component of x is "monitoring", I want that issue to be assigned to a particular member in QA group when the issue transitions from in-progress to in QA.

Currently, I tried doing this with a post function but there is no way for me to define this condition and so all the issues are assigned to one QA member only.

My ideal solution will be:

If the component of an issue before transition was x, it's new component should become y. For component y, I will keep one QA member only.

Using JMWE addon, I'm unable to find a if this, then that type of query feature.

1 answer

0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2020

Hi Ankit,

I'm afraid I didn't quite get your requirements. 

During a transition, you're trying to change the Components field automatically? Based on what? And then, you want to select a different assignee based on the component, but where does the association between components and QA users come from? Hard-coded in the post-function? Or using project roles named like "<Component>-QA" (e.g. ComponentX-QA)?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events