How Insight discovery are send automaticaly to jira cloud

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2022

Dear all,

We are actually studing Insight Discovery in order to automatically send discover assets to our jira cloud and see those then in Insight.

I uderstand that an agent need to be intall on one of ou local machine.

Then I have few question :

1 - How those collected data are automatically send to my dedicated cloud instance runing Insight . Instance URL need to be provided somewhere i guess ?

2 - How does Jira cloud automatically detect incoming data from discovery and display them automatically in Insight objects ?

Thanks for this information for clarification which not clear at all in documentation

Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2022

Hi @serge calderara ,

Have you read the following documentation page? https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/export-data-from-insight-discovery-to-insight-cloud/

Normally Insight Discovery would export the detected data to a csv,  I believe with cloud it can also have your instance set as a destionation.

As far as how it knows what to display, that's part of your import.

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2022

@Dirk Ronsmans thanks for the link

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events