Evaluation Greenhopper for Jira on demand

Troy Kinsella November 13, 2012

Hi,

I would like to evaluate Greenhopper with my paid Jira on demand installation.

Under "Atlassian GreenHopper" I see that it has a "Disable" button next to it, but I don't see anything related to Greenhopper or Agile in the Jira UI. I've tried clicking "Configure" on the plugin, and the only clickable thing on the "Greenhopper Lisence Information" page is, "To work with GreenHopper, please renew your GreenHopper subscription.". Clicking this link, I went through the process of generating an evaluation key. However, the instructions and help pertain to locally installed Jira, not on demand.

Where do I apply my license key?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2012

Adding to what was highlighted above by Nick and others, you can follow the below steps to start the free trial:

1. Log into MAC (https://my.atlassian.com), the account page will display. Atlassian OnDemand will be listed in the Licenses section.

2. Click the '+' sign of your Atlassian OnDemand subscription, your account management screen will display.

3. In the Actions section click "Configure."

4. On the Configure screen select the "Start a Free Trial" to add application(s) or Add-on(s).

5. Click "Apply Changes."

Note: You can find additional documentation from: "Evaluating Atlassian OnDemand".
Hope that helps !!!
Troy Kinsella November 18, 2012

That did it. Thanks.

1 vote
Nick Mason
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2012

Hi Troy,

You need to click the "Configure" link next to your OnDemand product when logged into my.atlassian.com, and you'll be able to add GreenHopper there. There's no need to generate a separate license for GreenHopper, that only applies to non-OnDemand instances.

0 votes
Sarah Kraynick November 13, 2012

As long as in your "Manage Plugins" area your greenhopper is enabled and the license is current and of the right type in my.atlassian greenhopper should work. You have a license for ondemand greenhopper and not for the local one? When i had an eval license I had at first only jira, then added greenhopper by getting a trial license, applying that in my.atlassian account then activating it in my ondemand instance. My comapny has since switched over to a hosted version, but I believe it works the same.

If you can't solve it you can try to search the forum, if no one else has a similar issue you can raise an issue.. The jira people are fantastic at helping with any problems!

Troy Kinsella November 15, 2012

Thanks.. when creating a key for greenhopper, there didn't appear to be any differenciation between a local vs. an on-demand key. I'll try the forum.

0 votes
Sarah Kraynick November 13, 2012

You might have to go through your my.atlassian account and apply the license there before you will see it active in the UI.

Troy Kinsella November 13, 2012

I had had "GreenHopper for JIRA (Unlimited Users): Evaluation" listed under Evaluations on the https://my.atlassian.com/product page. Is there anything else I need to do to activate it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events